Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Make a Halloween Baby Carrier Shark Costume


Get ready to turn heads with the cutest baby in town on Halloween! 

Last year when the cute baby in the photo above was born to my niece, I asked my niece what she wanted or needed for the baby. She told me all she wanted was a baby carrier costume. Music to my ears! Costumes I can do! They're one of my favorite things to create! But a baby carrier costume? I was stumped. I honestly had never heard of such a thing. 

I asked my niece to share photos with me of what she had in mind. She showed me this image of a shark costume. Since the article only explained how to create this costume, but failed to offer a pattern or photos, I'm expanding on this Halloween Baby Carrier Shark Costume idea with a FREE pattern. Trust me, it'll make things a lot easier! 

So... here we go! Get ready to create the easiest, most darling baby costume in town!

HERE is the link to the free baby carrier shark costume pattern. Make sure you print the pattern without shrinking it. 

Let's get started!

Supplies needed

Grey felt
Black felt
Red flat bias tape
White pellon, 1/8 yard
Fiber fill
Grey thread
2 large googly eyes
Glue
4-6 Medium to large safety pins


Directions:

1. Cut out 2 of the bodies from grey felt. Cut a hole for the shark mouth in one of the bodies. 

2. Cut a piece of black felt a little larger than the mouth opening.
3. Cut out teeth from heavy white interfacing like Pellon.


4. Sew the teeth in place. 
5. Sew the black backing behind the teeth.
6. Sew red flat bias tape around the mouth mitering the bottom corners so you get a sharp pointed edge.
7. Right sides facing, sew the grey felt bodies together, leaving an opening to turn them right side out.
8.  Clip the corners and rounded edges.
9.  Turn the shark body right side out.
10. Lightly stuff the shark body with fiber fill.
11. Sew the opening closed.


12. Glue the googly eyes in place
13.  With large safety pins, from the back side of the baby carrier, safety pin the shark body to the carrier.

To complete the costume, dress in black, add swim goggles for you and your little one, and throw on a multicolored blue tutu skirt... you know... because your outfit is going to need a little splash too (pun intended)!  

Happy costume making! And Happy Halloween! 
xoxo Grandma

More costume ideas:
SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments: